Moving home to a new place can be time-consuming and daunting task. But with proper planning and taking some right decisions you can make your next move a lot easier. Many folks make some mistakes when they are moving but you should not. You must avoid these mistakes when moving home from one place/city to another. Here are some important tips which will help you stay organized and make your move easy and simple. Moving home to a new place can be time-consuming and daunting task. But with proper planning and taking some right decisions you can make your next move a lot easier. Many folks make some mistakes when they are moving but you should not. You must avoid these mistakes when moving home from one place/city to another. Here are some important tips which will help you stay organized and make your move easy and simple.
- Start planning for your move as early as possible. Don’t wait for the last minute. The process of relocating can take time longer than you think. If you think you will handle your move in few days only then your belongings will be not organized and packed on the right time. So don’t make this mistake anyhow. Start early.
- Make decision right whether you can handle your move on your own or you will like to hire services of one of professional packers and movers available in your city. If you think you will save money by moving yourself then also think about tedious tasks involved in the relocating process. Think if you are really capable to handle the tasks. Figure out all the factors like tedious tasks, lots of hassles, painful backs, etc before making final decision. It would be better decision to hire services of right professional movers and packers; especially when you are moving for a long distance.
- Collect moving estimates from different potential packers and movers companies of your city so you can compare the prices, services and other credentials of moving companies and make decision to pick the best available one. Make sure you will hire the services of a mover that is not only affordable but also insured, experienced, licensed and capable to handle all your specific moving needs at your budget.
- Keep records of your possessions. So don’t make mistake of not creating inventory of your all household belongings which you need to be packed and shifted to your new residence. Create a binder to keep all the important records like moving estimates, lists, receipts, etc.
- Moving home provides the right opportunity to get rid of junk items, unused old belongings or other items you don’t want to transfer to your new place for some reasons. So don’t forget to get rid of such items to avoid unnecessary packing and moving costs. You can donate unwanted items to a charitable organization. You can hold a garage sale to sell old belongings if you don’t want to transfer them to your new residence. By doing this you will not only gain space but also gain extra money for the move.
- Collect plenty of packing supplies well in advance; if you have made decision to pack your belongings on your own. You should buy 25% extra packing supplies than you think. Pack items correctly using good quality packing supplies in sturdy boxes and label boxes carefully with appropriate tags. Also include a list of its contents inside every box.
- Pack fragile items and bulky items with more care. Use plenty of bubble wraps and padding materials to pack fragile items. Proper padding will protect fragile items against damages. Bulky items like furniture and appliances should be also packed carefully. You should disassemble the furniture into pieces if possible. Don’t forget to wrap furniture pieces into old blankets. You should use original packing supplies and boxes to pack electronics and appliances like TV, Washing Machines, Mixer Grinder, Oven, Refrigerator, etc. If you don’t have original packing supplies then don’t hesitate to ask your movers for recommended packing supplies. Don’t forget to defrost your refrigerator at least 24 hours before the move.
- Be sure to pack a box with essential items like toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, tissue papers, towels, a set of clothes, medicines, etc. You should also keep a First-aid box.
Using aforementioned tips and suggestions you can certainly make home relocation easy and simple.